Why join TA?
1) Like to Raid; a lot? Raiding is primarily what TA does. Raids are generally scheduled a few days or more in advance. The number of raids varies somewhat from week to week, but you'll usually have at least a dozen opportunities to sign up for something each week, and sometimes many more. Every member can schedule a raid, and members are encouraged to schedule raids whenever it suits them so that everyone can participate as much as possible.
2) Like to see a schedule of planned events? I'll be honest TA events usually center around Raids, but events can also include loot runs, favor runs, XP runs or whatever else a member wants. Recently a member lead a group 16th level characters through Three Barrel Cove simply to say they have done it. The idea is that TA members post an event and we endeavor to start on time. For someone like me with a lot of other things besides DDO going on a chance to get in, get the job done, and get out. So, I don't really have much of a life outside of DDO, but if I did I swear this would help.
3) Like working as a team? One of TAs primary focuses as a guild is to have everyone work as a team. If you've ever run a Shroud run (or other quest) with us, you'll notice that everyone has a job to do and is expected to get it done. This leads to more effective quest completions and is a lot more fun than a party wipe. This aspect also challenges each of our members to be the best they can be, since the rest of the group is counting on them to perform certain tasks.
4) Like loot? Let's be honest here everyone likes looting the best equipment for their characters and in TA you will have a great opportunity to do just that, getting the best equipment. TA utilizes a point system for dividing up Raid loot. Without getting into too much detail here: Rule number one you pull it - you have the first option to keep it. After that the system rewards those players who run Raids. It also allows members to choose how many points to spend on an individual item - if I am willing to spend 2 points and you think an item is worth 6, you'll win the bid and keep it. How do I know this system works? Because in all my time with TA I've never even heard of an argument over Raid loot within the guild.
1) Play your main. Pick a main toon and play him/her/it. This doesn't mean you can't play alts, but we expect your main toon to have the best gear you can manage. We also expect you to know the character inside and out so that you can play effectively within our team.
2) Raid. There is no set activity requirement, but why pay your monthly fee if you aren't going to play? Inactive players are purged after one month, and we usually expect members to attend one raid per week on average. We have an AFK section for members to post when real life is getting in the way (illness, vacation, overtime at work, whatever) - as long as you let us know we're more than happy to work with you.
3) Download and use Ventrillo. In game chat and voice chat are not the most useful tools out there TA long ago selected Ventrillo to allow us a better tool to communicate with one another.
4) Check the guild forums. Most members check at least once per day. We expect everyone to check at least once or twice per week. We use the forums to schedule events, to pass on important information to each other, trade items, or just poke fun at each other.
That's it. We're an organized group, but we're not Nazis. Our members have jobs, kids, significant others, etc. If you show up regularly and bring something to the group, we'll be happy to have you.
Look for Thorsaxe online or look up any other officer in game, or send us a PM on the Twilight Avengers bullitin-board.